Individuals who are employed under the state government into various departments, can easily check their balance on mobile by visiting the GPF Information System portal of his or her state and using the Account Number and PIN.
GPF Balance Check on Mobile
GPF i.e. General Provident Fund accounts are managed by the Accountant General (A&E) of a State; there are millions of employees in each state, who are working in various organisations and departments other than the Group D posts.
If you are among those who is a state government employee and have a General Provident Fund account, you may check your balance by visiting the official website of Accountant General, to check the balance an individual will have to enter his or her Account Number and PIN.
How to check the GPF Account Balance online?
The complete step-by-step instructions to check the balance for General Provident Fund account holders are as follows.
- Go to the official website of the Accountant General or GPF Information System.
- On the homepage, you will find an option that reads ‘General Provident Fund Balance Enquiry’ or similar, you have to tap on it and proceed to the next webpage.
- Now, you will have to find an option that reads ‘Employee Login’ and hit on it to get redirected to the login page.
- At the end, you have to enter your Account Number and PIN, and then hit the Submit button.
Note: The webportal for GPF or Accountant General is different from one another for each State and UT, on who belongs to Delhi, he or she can refer to https://gpf.delhi.gov.in/ to check the balance.
GPF Information System
Accountant General (A & E) of each state and UT and developed their own General Provident Fund information details, which details of employees working under various departments of State are managed.
Thousands of employees are working under the different departments of State and UT government, and all these hold GPF accounts, where one can check the balance, it will also help individuals in tracking contributions and withdrawals.
To access the GPF account of any state government will have to visit the official website of the General Provident Fund or Accountant General (A & E), where he or she can login using the Account Number and PIN, which an employee gets after successful enrollment.
GPF Accounts Internet Rate
Interest rate for the General Provident Fund (GFP) account of state government employees is set as 7.1% by the GOI (Government Of India), incase of borrowing money from the fund, an individual may be charged more 2.5% than the actual.
Who can set up a GPF Account?
An individual who is working as a permanent employee under the state government, he or she is eligible for opening an General Provident Fund account, to do so, he or she has to visit the Accountant General (AG) office, and submit a physical application form with required documents:
- Application form for GPF subscription
- Employee details form
- Nomination form
- Pay slip or salary certificate
- PAN card
- Address proof
- Passport-size photographs
Note: Those who set up this account receive a statement annually at the end of year, which usually carries the details about all debit and credit.
GPF Contribution Cost
A state government employee, who holds a General Provident Fund account has to pay 6% of the salary in regular instalment for a required timeline or period, other than this, the state government also contributes the same i.e. 6% of the employee.
An individual, who holds a General Provident Fund account can get loan for 50% balance in the GPF account or amount equal upto three months salary, the amount of loan in permit in case of any of the following scenarios:
- Treatment expenses for the family of government employees during illness.
- Travel expenses incurred by the family during illness of a government employee.
- Funding for higher education outside of India.
- Minimum three years of higher education within India.
- Support for ceremonies like weddings, funerals, etc.
- Coverage of legal costs.
- Purchase support for items like a television, washing machine, kitchen range, geyser, computer, etc.
Visit Northmcd Homepage To Get Relevant Content.